The titles next to people's names are given based on how they participate in the community. Titles can be earned by starting good conversations, replying, liking / disliking comments, receiving likes, and reporting inappropriate comments. Basically, well-rounded contributors within a community. These titles are automatic and system generated based on your interactions.
It is worth noting that if the algorithms detect abuse of this system or if your account gets banned your point total will drop to 0. You may also lose points from posts that get taken down or removed.
The five user types are:
- NEWBIE: 0 to 499 points
- INFLUENCER: 500 to 999 points
- CONTRIBUTOR: 1,000 to 1,499 points
- LEADER: 1,500 points or greater
- HOST: Staff Member
The actions you can take to gain points are:
- 5 points: Upvote or downvote a comment.
- 5 points: Receive an upvote.
- 5 points: Report a comment.
- 10 points: Share a comment.
- 20 points: Write a comment or reply.