To add the Standalone Ad Unit through Google Ad Manager (GAM), you need to complete four main actions:
- Create an OpenWeb advertiser
- Create a new order with the OpenWeb advertiser
- Set up a new GAM line item in the new order
- Add a new creative to the line item
Let's get started!
Create an OpenWeb advertiser
Use the following steps to create an OpenWeb advertiser:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Admin and then Companies.
- Click New company.
- Select Advertiser for the company Type.
- Enter OpenWeb for the company Name.
|NOTE: If your naming requirements prevent you from entering OpenWeb as the company name, enter a company Name that follows your naming requirements. Then, enter OpenWeb in the External ID (optional) field.|
- Click Save.
If any of these steps do not match the GAM UI, please refer to Google's Add a new company article for assistance.
Create an order with the OpenWeb advertiser
- From Delivery > Orders, click New order.
- Enter OpenWeb for the Name and select OpenWeb (Advertiser) for the Advertiser.
- Click Add line item.
If any of these steps do not match the GAM UI, please refer to Google's Add new orders article for assistance.
Add a line item the OpenWeb order
- From Delivery > Orders, click New line item.
- Select Display (Standard) for the Ad type.
- Enter OpenWeb Standalone for the Name.
- Select Sponsorship for the Line item type. This ensures OpenWeb creatives are 100% of the targeted ad unit.
- Select Immediately for the Start time and Unlimited for the End time.
- Enter 100% for the Goal.
- Enter $0.20 and select CPM for the Rate. (The actual rate will be reflected in your OpenWeb dashboard.)
- Set the Inventory, Geography, Device Category, and Operating system.
|These settings must be based on your agreement with OpenWeb.|
- Click Save. The line item setting page appears.
If any of these steps do not match the GAM UI, please refer to Google's Add new line items article for assistance.
Add a new creative the OpenWeb Standalone line item
- On the Creatives tab of the line items setting page, click Add creative > New creative > (creative size)
- Click the Third party tile.
- Enter IAU for the Name.
- Select Standard for the Code type.
- In the textbox, paste the OpenWeb implementation code provided by your PSM.
- Click Serve into a SafeFrame to deselect this option.
- Click Save and preview.
If any of these steps do not match the GAM UI, please refer to Google's Develop and manage third-party creatives article for assistance.
Schedule Standalone Ad Unit reporting
After setting up the Standalone Ad Unit, you'll need to send daily reporting to your OpenWeb team. This article explains how to do this.
Create and schedule a report
Use the following steps to create and schedule a report:
- Sign in to Google Ad Manager.
- Click Reporting > Reports.
- Click New report.
- Set the general report settings.
- Select dimensions.
- Select metrics.
- Schedule the report.
- Click Save.
Set general report settings
Use the following steps to define the general report settings:
- Under Report type, select Historical.
- Name the report. We suggest OpenWeb External.
- From the Date range dropdown menus select Dynamic and Last 30 days.
- Under Filters (optional), select Ad unit (show child ad units) from the filter options. You will need to select is any of from the dropdown menu. Then, select the ad units that are targeted on the line items.
OpenWeb needs the following dimensions included in the report:
- Ad units (all levels)
- Device Category
- Operating System
Repeat the following steps for each dimension:
- Under Dimensions, in the search area, type a dimension.
- Click the checkbox next to the dimension name. All selected dimensions will appear in the far right column.
Use the following steps to add metrics to the report:
- In the Metrics section, click the checkbox next to the following metrics:
- Total code served count
- Total impressions
- Total clicks
- Total Active View viewable impressions
- Total Active View % viewable impressions
- Drop-off rate
Schedule the report
Use the following steps to schedule the report:
- Under Editor and scheduling, from the Schedule dropdown menu, select Daily.
- From the Date range dropdown menu, select the date range based on the agreement.
- From the File format dropdown menu, select CSV.
- Under Add recipients, add the following recipients:
- Email address of your dedicated OpenWeb Business Development manager
- Email address of your dedicated OpenWeb Partner Success manager